Tuesday 21 October 2008

What I want

I am, largely a pain-I ask things of people to get the best out of them, the best athletic performance, the best form, the best nutrition, and as I can be a bit of a boring sod I go on about it (as I am now)-but this is is important to me to get the best from my clients.


Our model here-lets call her "Jane" is showing what I'm on about. We use Abmats-I feel they're a useful tool in building core strength-ok they're not an overhead squat-but they support the lumber region -however they are not fool proof.

Jane here is showing the different ways to fling your arms overhead to assist the momentum of the sit up and thus make it easier-and-as we work for time-quicker. This twinned with the "hip bump" increases the turnover of the sit up-but does it improve atheletic performance?-No.

So what do we do? We insist on the correct form-as Jane is demonstrating in the third picture-keeping the arms low and pushing them through the frogged legs-not easy-but-and I quote "

"No, it doesn't ever get any easier. You wouldn't want it to either." - Greg Glassman


Posted by Picasa

No comments: